URBANFITNESS LONDON MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
This agreement is between you, the member, and URBANFITNESS LONDON GROUP LTD, a company registered in England & Wales, company number 9077913, registered address Cliff Farm House, The Cliff, Ingham, Lincoln LN1 2YQ. Telephone Number 0207 481 8513. Email addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
By following the joining process on our website to become a member at URBANFITNESS LONDON you are accepting the terms and conditions in this membership agreement.
- This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process. If you did not sign up on the club’s premises you have 14 full days after sign-up to cancel this agreement for any reason. To exercise this right you must inform URBANFITNESS London or the club of this by post or email using the details above. If you exercise this right to cancel we will reimburse you all joining and membership fee payments received from you using the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction. If you have used the gym before requesting to cancel then we will reduce your membership fee refund by a pro rata amount equal to the number of days from signup to the date cancellation was requested.
- Your membership starts immediately.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen.
FEES AND CHARGES
- The Joining Fee / Initial Payment is due from you to us; it is payable immediately and is not refundable other than due to cancellation under the Principal Terms above or in the event of breach or negligence by us.
- The Direct Debit Payment Amount is due from you to us. You are obligated to make the minimum number of Direct Debit Payments stated with the first one being paid on the first Direct Debit payment date and then every month thereafter. You are obligated to make every Direct Debit Payment regardless of non-attendance, except where the cancellation terms below (or under the Principal Terms) are met.
- If you fail to pay any monies due under this agreement or if any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or any cheque is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25 which we require to cover our costs of seeking to pursue such payment from you.
- You agree to advise us promptly of any change to your membership details such as address, phone number, next of kin and any changes to your bank account which affects the collection of the Direct Debit.
- If you fail to pay any amount due under this agreement for a period of more than thirty days, then we may pass the debt to a third-party company for collection. You will bear all reasonable and direct costs incurred in employing the third-party company including costs in tracing you if you have changed your address without telling us.
CANCELLATION & RENEWAL
- We will automatically collect your Direct Debit Payment Amount every month. Your membership will be extended by one month for each payment (“Renewal Period”). This renewal Direct Debit payment amount may only be amended if we advise you in writing giving not less than 30 days’ notice. Please note if your membership included the benefit of a free period then we will stop making collections during that free period and recommence making collections on the renewal date.
- You may prevent the Automatic Renewal at any time by giving notice to your Club in writing using the relevant email address above. You must give us notice of one full calendar month, if you give notice during a month, we will treat it as if we received it on the first day of the following month and the notice period will run from that day. For example, if you need to give us one month’s notice to end your membership and we receive your notice on 23 May, your notice will start from 1 June, it will run out on 30 June, your membership will end on 30 June and you will pay one more Direct Debit (on 1 June) after giving notice. After the final payment has been taken you should also cancel your Direct Debit mandate directly with your bank.
ENDING YOUR MEMBERSHIP EARLY
- Relocation: This agreement can be cancelled in the event that your new permanent address is more than 15 miles away from the facility upon receipt of a copy utility bill or bank statement showing the new address.
- Long term (over three month) illness or injury: This agreement may be cancelled in the event of an illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for three months or longer upon appropriate proof being provided.
- Redundancy: This agreement can be cancelled upon appropriate proof of redundancy from your employer or other loss of livelihood.
- Pregnancy: This agreement can be cancelled if you become pregnant upon the appropriate written proof being given. Please note that any cancellation for the above reasons will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by the club.
- Breach: This agreement can be cancelled if we are in breach of contract including if we do not provide facilities or services you may reasonably expect and we have fallen well below that standard.
- Temporary Illness or Injury: This agreement may be frozen in the event of a temporary illness, injury or medical condition which in the written opinion of a doctor or other suitably qualified medical practitioner prohibits exercise for a period of time. Please note – ANY Freeze will not be effected until the appropriate proof is provided and received (in writing or via email) by the club. Please note that a freeze period does not affect the minimum number of Direct Debit payments you are due to make and any payments remaining at the time of the freeze will remain due and recommence on a monthly basis once the freeze period has completed.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided we give you reasonable advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced. You may transfer your membership to another person provided that such person signs an agreement with us and accepts the balance of any remaining minimum number of Direct Debit payments.
- We will do our best to resolve any disputes over this agreement. If you wish to take court proceedings against us you must do so within the United Kingdom. Relevant UK law will apply.
- If any part of this agreement is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notice to you if you are in breach of the club’s rules (i.e. stealing or other criminal activities within the facility). In this event you will not be liable to pay any further Direct Debit payments, provided such breach is not deemed by us to have occurred primarily in order to qualify you for a refund.