1) Controllers of Personal Information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by URBANFITNESS London is controlled by URBANFITNESS London (the data controller), whose registered office is at: URBANFITNESS London Group Ltd, Cliff Farm House, The Cliff, Ingham, Lincoln LN1 2YQ.
2) What Personal Information about club users does URBANFITNESS London Gather?
The information we gather helps us to continually improve your experience at URBANFITNESS London. This personal information may include: your name and contact information; date of birth; preferred communication methods; business name (in the case of a corporate membership) and business address and bank details. We also create information that becomes part of the personal information we hold about you, such as your membership number and your usage of the club. This information is stored in our membership management system. Bank details for Direct Debit payments are communicated to our bank using approved online software hosted by a third party provider called Legend Leisure Services Ltd.
We also collect the following information:
- Sensitive information
The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is volunteered by you, we do specifically collect health data to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Photographs for Membership Card
In the interests of security and the prevention of crime, we may take a digital photograph of each member to whom a membership card is issued. By providing the digital photograph to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy.
- Contacting us via Website or otherwise
When you use the www.urbanfitness.london website (“Our Site”) or contact us by post, telephone, fax, email or SMS, we collect, store and use certain personal information that you disclose to us. This includes details such as your name, address, telephone, fax, email and mobile phone number as well as traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
URBANFITNESS London operates CCTV at its clubs for the purposes of crime prevention and security. CCTV footage will be shared with the relevant body, e.g. the police, insurance company as necessary to recover losses.
- Correspondence and incidents
If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and any comments and responses you submit via surveys and our feedback system.
Any visitors who have or witness an accident or dangerous incident are required to report the details to a member of staff. Details of the accident/incident including your name, age, contact number and details of any injuries will be collected. These will be shared with our insurers and legal representatives as necessary. Unless required for an ongoing legal case, accident forms or witness statements are kept for three years and then securely destroyed.
3) What do we do with personal information collected from you?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us including for example to administer your membership of the club, to facilitate bookings of classes and appointments and to facilitate the provision of certain services to us by third party service providers and other transactions;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, to process payments and maintain accounts and records, to prevent crime and aid in the prosecution of offenders, and to maintain membership records;
- to improve our platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical, research or other functions on our behalf;
- to send you newsletters and club promotions. You have the option to withdraw consent for these communications at any time;
- to process your job application if you apply for employment at URBANFITNESS London;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will always ask you to consent before using any information you have given to us for direct marketing activity. You can state your communication preferences – email, text, letter or phone call. We will not make your information available to third parties to use for marketing purposes – or any purposes other than those outlined in this policy – without your express consent;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4) What about Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to automatically collect information from your computer such as your IP address and other details about your computer which are automatically collected by our web server, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to Our Site.
5) Does URBANFITNESS London share the Information it receives?
We may give information about you to the following third parties, who may use it for the same purposes as us and also as set out below:
We share data with our agents, contractors and employees to administer your membership, your account, and any products and services provided to you now or in the future.
Sometimes we may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Depending on your relationship with us this may include:
transfers to the US where either we or our agents make use of services that are hosted there.
If we do so we will make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements.
We share your card and bank details with our secure payment providers to process card transactions and direct debit payments.
We share your contact details and preferences with mailing houses, our marketing agencies, systems providers and other distributors for the distribution of information to you.
We share contact and identification details with our media agents, search engine providers and social media platforms so that we can tailor our communications to the right audience.
We may share attendance details with your employer or flexible benefits provider if your membership is arranged through them.
We may share your data with anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you, if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We share data with third parties who will help process or administer our services or who will provide advice and take action in relation to the collection of debts.
6) How Secure is Information about me?
In order to comply with our obligations under Data Protection law, we will protect your personal data from unauthorised access, misuse, alteration or loss by using commercially reasonable security measures. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Nothing in this policy in any way excludes or limits our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our site; any transmission will be at your own risk.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
7) What about Links to other websites?
Our site may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
8) What are my rights?
You have the right to make a request for a copy of the personal data that we keep about you or to correct the details that we hold about you. We will respond within one month.
If you would like to know what personal information we hold about you, or would like us to correct the details we hold about you, you should write to the address below or email email@example.com, enclosing proof of your identity (such as a copy of your passport or driving licence) and asking to see your personal information or asking us to correct the relevant information. You will have to give us enough information so we can identify the personal information you have asked to see or have corrected. We do not have to respond to your request until you have given us the information we need. We will contact you within one month of your request or, where we have asked for further information to identify you, within one month of receiving such information.
You have the right to receive the information in a portable electronic form. If your request is by email from the address that we hold for you we will respond by email to that address.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data under certain circumstances.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data where the processing is based on our legitimate interests. This does not include processing which is in line with our Terms and Conditions of Membership, for example payment processing. If we believe we have a legitimate reason for processing your personal information including for the defence of any legal claims we may decline your request.
Under certain circumstances, for example if we decline your request to stop processing, you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data.
9) Can I update my marketing preferences?
We may use your personal information to provide you with marketing information about our products and services such as newsletters, product updates, surveys, company announcements and invites to events that will be of interest to you.
You can opt out of receiving marketing messages at any time by following the unsubscribe links located within any electronic communication from us. You can also contact your local club by phone or email using the contact details on our website www.urbanfitness.london.
Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still send you service related communications where necessary.
10) How long do you keep my information?
We keep the information that you provide or that we collect only for as long as we need to in line with the reason it was collected. More detail is given below for each category of information.
Non-members and guests
We keep your contact details for up to four years after your first enquiry. We keep enough information to record your communication preferences indefinitely in order to avoid sending you unwanted information in future.
We keep correspondence for seven years in case you contact us again about the same subject.
Members and ex-members
We keep your contact and identification details, usage and attendance details and information about your personal circumstances during your membership and for seven years after it ends so we can respond in the event of any query about your membership. We may keep certain information for longer than this if we have a compelling reason for keeping it.
We keep enough information to record your communication preferences indefinitely in order to avoid sending you unwanted information in future.
We keep correspondence for seven years after you leave in case you contact us again about the same subject. We keep details of incidents for three years after the date of the incident.
We keep payment details during your membership and for seven years after you leave in line with the BACS code of practice.
CCTV recordings are deleted automatically after 40 days unless they are retained in connection with an investigation, in which case we keep them until after the investigation is concluded.
If you are unhappy about how your personal data is being processed you should raise your concern with us first at the address below or via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are not happy with the way that we deal with your concerns you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at ico.org.uk